Sunday, October 25, 2009

Why would i need a bone scan?

My doctor just called me back to tell me my blood test results. she told my my enzymes were high and that i should retest. if they come back high again i would need a bone scan. does anyone know why i would need a bone scan if my enzymes were high? should i be worried?
Answer:
There are many reasons for a bone scan. from osteoprosis.. to low calcium. bone density to cancer... I am being honest here.. Call your doc back.. ask what would cause the enzyms to be high.. and why a bone scan...good luck.
A bone scan tests for bone density like Osteosporosis
the 1st answer, was good advice- take it- good luck.
It's hard to say without knowing which enzymes were tested. (Cardiac, pancreatic, etc.?)
Bone scans are often done after high enzyme levels of all kinds, for reasons ranging from the not so to the very serious. It's probably quicker to call your MD than to try to hash it out here. Ask her what she is trying to diagnose (or rule out) and what the connection to a bone scan is. Only your doctor will be able to give you a definitive answer.Hope all turns out well for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net