Sunday, October 25, 2009

Wife went to doctor with eye infection they injected eye with ladocaine now she's blind in one eye explain ?


Answer:
There are doctors, opticians and ophthalmologists. You want an ophthalmologist.
Lidocaine is usually a drop that they use to numb your eye ball before they poke and prod to check pressure.
I have re-occuring eye infections due to allergies. I have never had an eye doctor or a medical doctor to inject lidocaine into my eye or stick a needle in my eye. You should contact a personal injury attorney to see what her legal rights. You are need a copy of her treatment when she went to the doctor.
Did the dr tell you it would cause blindness? Or that it would cause temporary blindness? Depending on how long she's had this problem I would wait a few more days or call an injury lawyer. That's not right!! Good luck! I hope it's just temporary.
I don't understand why they would inject her eye with lidocaine. Lidocaine is a topical, local anesthetic. I'm not a doctor by any means, but the whole idea???I would NOT sit around asking questions on Yahoo, I would have her in the ER. This could be a serious problem that may cause permanent damage.
I think you or your wife may have the facts wrong. Lidocaine isn't used to treat eye infections nor is it injected into the eye. It would be helpful to know what kind of "eye infection" your wife has and what type of doctor she went to. Your wife can contact the doctor she went to and get in writing exactly what transpired and what was or was not given at the time of the visit. At the present, she's not in a position to pursue legal recourse - not based on what you've posted here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net