Sunday, October 25, 2009

Why would one become an oncologist? Isn't that pretty stressful?


Answer:
When I did my rotation in oncology, I thought it would be very depressing and stressful. The patients, for the most part made it one of the best experiences I had in training.
They maintained their sense of optomism and sense of humor through some of what must have been the most painful part of their lives. I learned a lot from the doctors and from the patients. We all could.
I am glad some have decided to do it as stressful as it may be. My brother has been having to have chemo-therapy to fight his cancer. We have had several members of our family to get cancer and have to be treated by an oncologist.
Sure its stressful, but with so many types of cancers out there, and the increase of people having it - this job is very necessary and very important. Any job comes with stress, of course, but sometimes it takes stress to feel rewarded. In the practice of oncology - you are helping people to detect early signs of cancer and treat them so that they can live long and healthy lives.
its really that person decision. if they go to college right after high school and they are 18... they will 32 by the time they are a full oncologist. but in the end it is all worth it. its not all that much of a stressfull job. not as stressful as a trama doctor thats for sure.i want to become an oncologist because my dad died from both types of leukemia and i want to find out what caused that because no doctor knows and dont really care anymore since he is gone. and i want to help a lot of people like they have helped my dad and helped my family get through grieving. its a very rewarding job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net