Sunday, October 25, 2009

Why would my leg be going numb?

My right leg will go numb down the side, and I know this is from my back. But now my left leg is going numb on the top of the calf. I've recently been having dizziness problems which the Dr told me is an inner ear thing. My left arm is going numb, too. I am also starting to retain a LOT of water ( like 10 lbs). I have no medical insurance so I can't afford a bunch of tests. Any ideas??
Answer:
It could be a lot of things. I don't think it is wise for you to listen to anyone's diagnosis on the internet...especially if it is serious. I would go to www.webmd.com and you can type in your symptoms. Sometimes it will narrow down what might really be the problem...but honestly I would go to the dr. honey, no matter what the cost.
is there a clinic you can go to?? you need some help =what's going on is not normal stuff
Try a walk in clinic. I have no idea what could be wrong... that sounds like something my mom had wrong with her back.. just without the dizziness.
Good luck though.
This is tough. My sister had numbness on her right side, leg and then arm. She was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis after a series of tests. Another possibility is lyme disease. You don't have health insurance? DOESN'T matter!! Health is FAR more important than $$$. Someday(I hope) our country will realize it. Good news, many hospitals/towns have froms you can fill out for financial assitence free of charge. I was in the hospital for bronchitis and got a $1000+ bill, filled out a form, 2 weeks later got a letter saying town funding had covered it. If town doesn't cover it, hospitals usually give you the most time to pay back bills without effecting your credit. They know it is costly and you have NO choice but to take care of yourself, $$$ or not.
Of course, go to the doctor is my first advice.
Second would be to do daily stretching and aerobic exercises. The Step works very well.Get your blood flowing better, your metabolism up. This also increases repair of the nerves.Hope this helps.
With or without insurance, get yourself to a good medical care facility. Tell them the problem. That much numbness is serious, and you will not find answers on the web. Personally, I have a similar problem, but much less of one -- only the top of one leg, and I've had it for years. My doctor says it is because of my weight. But yours is getting worse with time. Wait no longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net