Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Will I be able to have children?

I have just recovered from cancer. I had 8 chemos and a stem cell transplant (bone marrow transplant). My periods have stopped and did so during my chemo, although i had one just before my transplant. Am I infertile? I'm 23. It was 3 months since my transplant. If I am infertile, and i know this sounds stupid...can i carry a child by some means??
Answer:
This is probably a question to ask you doctor. There is a possibility the either way. Without knowing all the details, meds. etc.. no one really can answer this on the Internet.
Sorry I cannot be more helpful.
Take care and if having children is what you want pray the answer is yes.
Speaking as an infertile woman (due to cancer) myself I would not trade my adopted children (2) for anything and feel that while I may not have carried them inside me they are as much a part of me as any child is to a biological mother.
Take care and you are in my prayers.
maybe dont give up.
yes you are going to have a child you just have to trust god and pray he will give you a gift to have that child and your still young so god will help you just pray and he will give you an answer
Babe why is it a stupid that you would want to carry a child one day. It is your right to want one and no one can tell you otherwise, like every woman in the world, you are still a woman!
Yes, There is always a chance that you can get pregnant as long as you are menstruating. While on chemotherapy, your menstrual cycle may become irregular. As a result, you may never quite be sure where you are in your menstrual cycle and your period may take you by surprise. Some of your menstrual cycles may be non-egg producing, but you can not rely on this. Even if your periods seem to have stopped, you should use a safe and effective method of birth control for at least 4 to 8 weeks after your chemotherapy treatment has ended.
Irregular menstruation or the disappearance of menstrual periods may persist for years after chemotherapy, making an effective and safe contraception (birth control) method necessary. Guidelines for young women undergoing chemotherapy at many cancer centers include the use of barrier contraceptives such as a diaphragm or a condom.
You might not be infertile, you just need to for your period to get back as usual.
Good Luck and God Bless
I wouldn't say it's impossible. But if you want a reliable answer, you should talk to a doctor.
if you are infertile,which is the worst scenerio, there are many ways to overcome this in the medical world.Good luck
I just got to looking on the Internet for you. It can go either way. This first site is about breast cancer, but the fertility information should relate to any cancer:http://www.breastcancer.org/fertility_pr...Being under 30, your periods might return, but there is no guarantee.
You will need to have a doctor evaluate you. On a personal note my husband had 6 months of chemo in 1998. We had one child at the time and have since gone on to have 2 more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net