Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Withdrawal from Paxil?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to minimize or ease the discomfort associated with withdrawal symptoms from Paxil such as headaches, light-headedness, and a sort of jolting electric zap behind the eyes when moving the head around. Just as a note, my withdrawal is gradual and physician-supervised, though I have not gotten back to her regarding this issue. Thanks!
Answer:
I tapered off of it and didn't notice any adverse effects. Hope you don't either.
Paxil causes cancer!
Stay in the same class of meds, use a lower dose to ease to pain. That Paxil is strong mojo if you know what I mean. Take it slow.
I went through the same thing when I stopped taking paxil. That was several years ago. Back then the drs were convinced that paxil had no withdrawal issues. I tried talking to my dr., therapist, and pharmacist and all said I was imagining it. UGH!! Your best bet is to look for all the information you can find about paxil withdrawl. It really helped me. I knew what was causing the symptoms and which symptoms were coming next. It didn't erase the brain zaps, the headaches, or the wild mood swings but it put me in a better position to handle them. You might look for a message board or forum about paxil. It really helps to talk to others that have been through it. It should pass in a month or two.
i dunno. ive been off paxil for two weeks. the withdrawal is so bad and i can't take any time off work and its horrible. they never mentioned this in the phamphlets. not the severity of the withdrawal. i refuse to go back on this med so i guess stick it out. i'll stick it out with ya. lemme know how you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net