Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Will my doctor call me?

Will my doctor call me when the lab results for my blood tests come in? The lab said they would call the doctor not me, and that the results would be in by Tuesday. I'm not scheduled to see my doctor till a week later, will my doctor call with the results?
Answer:
If you have an appointment later in the week, the doctor probably won't call you. He'll go over the results during your appointment. You might call his office to ensure that your results have been received prior to your appointment.
yes he will
Sometimes they do, sometimes they wait until your appointment. Personally, I'm one who bugs the bees out of the doctor's office for the results. They are your results after all so you shouldn't worry about calling them. Especially if you are getting stressed because it's for something serious. If it's just general blood work, don't worry, but you still have a right to ask or move your appointment up.
He may call if there are any abnormalities in your blood workup. If everything is ok he"ll probably just wait until your visit. Dr"s offices cannot tell lab results over the phone due to HIPPA regulations now.
Most will wait unless there is an urgent problem.
Only if there are important abnormalities from the test. Otherwise he will go over them with you at your app. Depending on your country and relation ship with the doctor, you may be able to call in and ask for your results. I always ask for a copy of mine as well.I get blood tests often because of a chronic illness.
Best wishes
Depends on the test.Most doctors won't release. They prefer to talk about the result, provide counseling and discuss treatments.Find something else to think about or have some fun while you have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net