Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Women - I had CANCER 2yrs. ago - and lost all of my hair - when it started growing in again ??

I noticed very little on my legs - and still do to this day. How about y'all ?
Answer:
I had Hodgkin's lymphoma, stage 4 and I lost all of my hair, even my eyelashes and eyebrows. My eyelashes and eyebrows grew in within a few months once done with chemo but it took forever for my hair to grow. It took me a good 2 years once I completed chemo to even feel comfortable without a wig and my hair is finally the length it was before (3.5 years later, below my shoulders). It was wavy and thick before and grew back very curly. It all depends what kind of chemo you had, how long you went through it and how much you got (chemo). It should be starting to grow in though for you, if not I would ask your doctor, good luck and God bless you!
I would think that is a good thing as most weman shave thier legs anyway. My wife don`t but she is Indian
You are so *lucky*!! I've been through chemo twice and the only hair I've really lost is on my head and eyelashes!! LOL!! The hair on my legs has remained the same so I still have to shave. Big bummer!! Jen
My mom had ovarian cancer for 7 years and although her hair grew back on her head she grew very little hair back everywhere else!
When I had radiation when i was 15, I lost part of the heir on my head, and ALL of the hair on my back. My back is smooth to this day.I start chemo for breast cancer on Tuesday so I'll be curious as to how my leg and underarm and, a-hm, rest of my hair comes back.If you have little hair on your legs, I'd consider that a bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net